13 August 2009

Suited and booted

Success - I have boots. Pretty good really, seeing as we're climbing Snowdon day after tomorrow. I do have a genuine excuse why it's taken me so long and that is my crazy feet. Not only are they narrow with tiny heels, but they also have a low platform and a low arch, meaning that my feet just slide around in most boots :(

It's obviously really important to have boots that fit well and sadly all the leather walking boots (less seams, less leaks, less cleaning) didn't tick this box. It's funny how you can't choose by brand at all, because it totally depends on which shoe fits you.

In fact I spent over an hour in Itchy Feet the other day trying on every shoe they had with no success, but the guys in the shop were so helpful that I really wanted to buy something from them. They even suggested that I try Cotswold, which is where I got my boots from in the end. What I'm trying to say is - buy from Itchy Feet, they're really knowledgable and helpful.

My camera is playing up, but these are the badboys:

By far the ugliest shoes I've ever purchased, but they fit like a dream. Even started to break them in today on this route - not many hills though!

No comments:

Post a Comment